Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
The West Law Office The West Law Office
  • Get In Touch Today!

Katy Personal Injury Attorney 

If you were injured by another party, they can most likely be held responsible for your medical expenses, property damage, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages that were incurred by the incident. All members of society, including companies and corporations, owe a duty of care to others. A violation of this duty, such as a texting driver drifting into another road user and causing a crash, or a manufacturer failing to ensure that its product is safe, can result in a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent party. In order to be fairly compensated, you need to work with an experienced Katy personal injury attorney. Here at The West Law Office, our Katy personal injury attorneys can help you in a variety of personal injury incidents to ensure full and fair compensation for all of your damages.

Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle

Damages in a Katy Personal Injury Claim

  • Medical expenses;
  • Projected ongoing and future medical expenses;
  • Lost wages;
  • Lost earning capacity due to disability;
  • Pain and suffering;
  • Loss of joy of life;
  • Emotional distress;
  • Property damage; and
  • More.

Comparative Negligence and Why You Need an Attorney

Texas follows a modified comparative negligence doctrine, which means that any degree of fault that the victim has in causing their injuries will be deducted from their overall damages. For instance, if a restaurant owner failed to repair a broken step on a set of stairs, and you fell down and fractured your neck, they would be 100 percent at fault, or liable, if you were walking down the stairs in a reasonable manner. If, however, it was found that you were intoxicated, the restaurant owner could argue that you are partially, or fully, to blame. If you are found to be 30 percent at fault, and the restaurant owner is 70 percent at fault (for the sake of this example), your 30 percent liability would be subtracted from your overall damages, leaving you with just 70 percent of what your claim is actually worth. If a victim is found to be over 50 percent at fault, they cannot receive any compensation. Insurers use comparative negligence to reduce the amount they have to pay injured victims, and will do everything in their power to reduce their liability and place as much blame as they can on you. An attorney can help you reduce or fully dismiss whatever degree of fault that the other party claims is on your shoulders, and will help you receive a substantially larger settlement or lawsuit verdict than if you were to negotiate directly with the other party yourself.

Call a Katy Personal Injury Attorney Today

No matter the circumstances in which you were injured, an experienced Katy personal injury attorney can review your case and assess whether you have a valid claim or not against the party whom you suspect caused the auto collision, slip and fall, dog attack, or other incident. Call The West Law Firm today at 281-347-3247 for a free consultation today.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation