Houston Highway Accident Attorney
Car accidents can happen anywhere, and while many occur on surface streets and in rural areas, a large number of them also happen on highways and freeways. These roads tend to get congested, and with so many vehicles on the road, accidents are more likely to occur. In many cases, high speeds are involved, making accidents catastrophic and even fatal. If you have been involved in a highway accident, make sure to seek legal help right away. A Houston highway accident attorney can handle your case and get you the compensation you deserve.
Types of Highway Accidents
Depending on how many vehicles are on the road, a highway crash can happen at very high speeds or very low speeds. If a crash happens during rush hour traffic, it may be at slow speeds and not result in much damage. On the other end of the spectrum, though, highway crashes can also happen at high speeds. Speed limits often top 65 miles per year, so a crash at that speed can be deadly.
The most common types of highway accidents include the following:
- Rear-end. Vehicles are going at high speeds and when a driver has to slow down suddenly, they may not be able to do so in time. This can result in a rear-end accident.
- Highways have multiple lanes—sometimes four or more—and drivers may move from one lane to another. When they don’t look carefully before moving over, they can sideswipe a vehicle next to them.
- Road rage. Drivers are often in a hurry, going as fast as they can to their destination. When there are slower vehicles on the road, this can result in road rage, with motorists driving aggressively.
- Many motorists drive while overly tired. This fatigue can cause them to close their eyes for extended periods of time, which can lead to loss of control. A vehicle may collide with another or go off the road.
- When sports cars are on the road, they may try to race each other, resulting in loss of control and serious accidents.
- Drunk driving. Driving while intoxicated is a serious issue. It affects a person’s judgment and reaction times, making accidents more likely. Many drunk drivers cause wrong-way accidents on highways because they are confused about where they are going.
Injuries Caused by Highway Accidents
High-speed accidents, such as those that occur on highways, often result in major injuries and even death. Some common injuries include:
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
Contact a Houston Highway Accident Attorney Today
Highway crashes often occur at high speeds and can be deadly. If you have been a victim, seek legal help right away.
The West Law Office can help you build a case against a negligent driver. To schedule a free consultation with a Houston highway accident attorney, call 281-347-3247 or fill out the online form.