Houston Car Accident Attorney
The aftermath of a car accident can be severe in nature. Your car may be totaled. You may be seriously injured. What now? You need someone to provide you with legal advice and help you with physical and financial recovery. Whether this is your first car crash or your fifth, a Houston car accident attorney can guide you through the process.
What Can a Car Accident Attorney Do?
While a minor accident with no damage or injuries may not warrant the need to hire a lawyer, you will want to consider one if you have suffered numerous losses. An experienced car accident lawyer can do the following:
- Assess your accident
- Reconstruct the accident scene
- Ensure you get medical treatment
- Guide you through the claims process
- Calculate losses
- Examine evidence
- Determine liability
- Fight your case in court, if necessary
- Help maximize the amount of compensation you recover
Types of Car Accidents
A car crash can happen in various ways. Here are some of the most common accidents:
- Rear-end. This is when a driver hits the vehicle in front of them.
- In this type of crash, one vehicle hits the side of another vehicle, typically when changing lanes.
- T-bone. This is when the side of a vehicle is hit by the front or rear of another vehicle, making a T shape.
- Head-on. This is when two vehicles going in opposite directions collide with each other.
- This is when a vehicle flips over due to the impact of colliding with another object.
- Only one vehicle is involved in these crashes and may be the result of hitting another object or going off the road.
- Hit and run. This can be any type of crash, but the end result is that one driver flees the accident scene.
A car accident can cause various injuries to any part of the body. Some common injuries include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries. Car accidents are the most common cause of brain injuries, mainly due to the impact involved. These injuries are some of the most serious, leading to long-term effects and even death.
- Paralysis is another serious injury. This is caused by damage to the spinal cord. It can cause paralysis to the upper body, lower body, or even the entire body.
- This is one of the most common car accident injuries. Whiplash occurs when the neck and head move back and forth quickly. This painful injury can cause soft tissue damage.
- Back and neck injuries. The impact of a car accident can injure the back and neck, leading to mobility issues and other painful effects.
- Broken bones. Any bone can be broken in a car crash, but legs, arms, wrists, and ribs are the most common broken bones. Some may require surgery and extensive treatment to heal.
Contact a Houston Car Accident Attorney Today
After a serious car crash, you will likely be in shock and a lot of pain. You may have severe injuries. You might have to miss work and be unable to care for your family.
The West Law Office can take care of these damages and more. Contact a Houston car accident attorney today by calling 281-347-3247 or filling out the online form.