Katy Rear End Car Accidents Attorney
If everyone on the road would simply pay attention and refrain from looking at their phone, drinking and driving, or engaging in road rage/impatient driving, we could easily avoid all rear end crashes. Sadly, that day is not likely to come anytime soon, meaning that victims such as yourself will continue to be injured by negligent, careless drivers. If you were hurt in a rear-ender, our Katy rear end accident attorneys are here to help.
Top Causes of Rear End Car Accidents in Katy
- Following driver was texting, and runs into the forward vehicle at a slow down or red light;
- Following driver was intoxicated;
- Following driver was falling asleep at the wheel;
- Following driver was following too closely due to road rage/intimidation;
- Forward driver cut off the rearward driver; and
- Forward driver did not have their lights on during dim or dark hours.
The Rearward Driver is Usually at Fault
It is the responsibility of the following, or rearward, driver to allow enough space between themselves and the vehicle in front so that even in an emergency braking situation, they will not collide with the forward vehicle. As such, in rear-enders, the following driver is usually cited, and can be held financially liable for the forward driver’s damages. Even if inclement weather, such as hail, ice, or excessive rain contributed to the collision, it is the rearward driver’s responsibility to increase the distance so that there is enough time to come to a stop.
Cases in Which the Forward Driver May be to Blame
While the rearward driver is usually at fault, this is not always the case. Examples of when the forward driver can be found at fault for causing a rear end collision include the following:
- Forward driver pulls out suddenly from a side street and the rearward driver does not have time to slow down fast enough;
- Forward driver intentionally causes the crash out of road rage;
- Forward driver slots in dangerously on the highway, right before a sudden slow down ahead;
- Something goes wrong with the forward driver’s vehicle, such as a tire blowout, causing the rearward driver to crash into them.
Common Rear End Accident Injuries
- Facial lacerations and contusions;
- Fractures to the nose, cheekbone, jaw, or eye socket;
- Fractured knee cap;
- Torn ACL tendon;
- Torn meniscus;
- Other soft tissue damage;
- Fractured wrist;
- Fractured shin or foot bones;
- Fractured femur or tibia;
- Dental injuries;
- Burn injuries from an airbag;
- Spinal cord injury;
- Herniated or slipped disc;
- Contusions caused by seat belt restraints; and
- Concussion or other traumatic brain injury.
Contact a Katy Rear End Accident Attorney Today
Whether you were hit from behind, or the driver in front of you stopped suddenly after cutting you off or slotting in too close on the highway, you have the right to pursue financial compensation for your injuries, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and other damages. The Katy rear end accident attorneys at The West Law Office can help make you financially whole after this traumatic experience. Call us today at 283-347-3247 to schedule a free consultation.