Katy Highway Accident Attorney
Highway accidents generally involve high speed, which makes them incredibly dangerous. Serious injuries are common in these types of crashes. If you were involved in a highway crash, the Katy highway accident attorneys at The West Law Office can help you file a lawsuit to recover the damages caused by the negligent party.
Common Types of Highway Accidents
The highway is the most dangerous type of road due to the high speed of traffic, often heavy congestion, and multiple lanes, which allows vehicles to pass one another on both sides, even though traffic is supposed to only pass on the left. Throw in dueling semi-trucks and merging/exiting vehicles, and multi-lane highways are a recipe for disaster.
- Onramp Collisions—A common onramp collision scenario is as follows: the vehicle merging onto the highway cuts over too soon, failing to yield right of way to the vehicle that was already in the right hand lane. Conversely, the merging driver may be doing so legally, only to be intentionally cut off by a road rage driver, who speeds up or moves over to block the merging driver in.
- Offramp Collisions—Offramp collisions are less common than onramp crashes, but they still occur. Examples include an aggressive driver cutting over at the last second, colliding with a vehicle already in the exit lane; and a rear-end crash at the offramp stop light.
- Sideswipe Collisions—Probably the most common type of highway accident, sideswipes generally occur when a driver changes lanes without using their turn signals or checking their mirror (or over their shoulder), colliding with another vehicle. Sideswipes also occur when a texting or otherwise distracted driver drifts out of their lane.
- Rear-Enders—During slow downs or stop and go traffic, rear-enders are common.
- Shoulder Collisions—If you were stopped on the shoulder of the highway, and a distracted or drunk driver hit you, they can be held at fault.
- Rollovers—Rollovers are often a result of sideswipes or due to swerving in over to avoid a hazard ahead.
- Wrong Way Collisions—Wrongway collisions on highways are often fatal. They are usually caused by drunk drivers, distracted drivers, aggressive drivers, or drivers who fall asleep at the wheel. Another example is when a driver in the opposite lane makes an unsafe pass on a rural highway with no divider, crashing head-on with traffic in the oncoming lane. Such a collision is extremely dangerous.
Injuries in a Kay Highway Accident
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Facial lacerations and fractured bones;
- Fractured limbs;
- Fractured ribs;
- Torn ACL tendon;
- Disc injuries; and
- Other soft tissue injuries.
Damages in a Katy Highway Accident
- Medical expenses;
- Lost wages and earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Loss of joy of life;
- Property damage;
- Ongoing medical costs or future costs; and
Contact a Katy Highway Accident Attorney Today
The driver or other party who caused your crash should be held responsible for your extensive damages. To learn more about your legal options, call the Katy highway accident attorneys at The West Law Office today at 283-347-3247 to schedule a free consultation