Katy Car Wreck Attorney
Every month, hundreds of thousands of Americans are seriously injured in car wrecks. Whether you were involved in a rear-ender, roll over collision, high-speed crash, or a fender bender, if you suffered any type of injury, the other party can be held financially responsible for your damages. To learn more about your rights as a traffic victim, the Katy car wreck attorneys at The West Law Office can help answer any questions you may have. We have assisted countless clients recover damages for their medical bills, property damage, pain and suffering, and more.
Damages in a a Katy Car Wreck
Compensation is dependent on the defendant’s ability to pay (their insurance policy) and your damages. Damages from a Katy car wreck can include the following:
- Property damage, including damage to your vehicle;
- Medical expenses;
- Projected medical costs into the future;
- Lost wages;
- Lost earning capacity due to disability;
- Pain and suffering;
- Loss of joy of life;
- Emotional distress;
- Scarring and disfigurement; and
Types of Car Wrecks
- Rear-End—Rear enders are the most common type of crash. They occur when one vehicle rear-ends the one in front, usually because the following vehicle was too close. Because most drivers use their cell phones while behind the wheel, rear-enders are more common than ever these days.
- Sideswipe—A sideswipe wreck happens when one vehicle impacts the side of the other at an angle. For example, a sideswipe wreck can occur on the highway when a driver fails to check their mirrors or use their turn signals.
- Rollover—Rollovers are the most dangerous type of car wreck. They usually involve high speed, and a “trip,” such as a sidewalk curb or the soft shoulder of the road.
- Head-On—Head-on or front-end crashes are also extremely dangerous because of the combined speed of each vehicle, which can double the impact force. If both cars, for example, were going 40 miles per hour, it would be similar to colliding with a parked car while you were going 80.
- T-Bone—T-bones happen in intersections, usually when one driver fails to yield right of way due to a stop sign, yield sign, or stoplight. Being T-boned is usually worse than the other way around, particularly if you were on the side of the vehicle that was struck by the at-fault driver.
Common Injuries in Katy Car Wrecks
If you get lucky, you may walk away from a car wreck with nothing more than some bruising and the psychological trauma that goes with being involved in a traffic collision. More serious injuries include:
- Fractured arm or legs bones;
- Fractured ribs;
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Spinal cord injury;
- Fractured collarbone;
- Internal bleeding;
- Damage to internal organs;
- Facial trauma;
- Scarring and disfigurement;
- Soft tissue damage such as a torn tendon;
- Whiplash; and
- Disc injuries.
Contact a Katy Car Wreck Attorney Today
It is imperative that you seek out legal help following a Katy car wreck. Do not discuss your case with the other party’s insurance company before consulting with your own attorney. To ensure that your rights are protected and that your chances of receiving fair compensation are at their highest, call the Katy car wreck attorneys at The West Law Office today at 283-347-3247 to schedule a free consultation.