Houston Uber Accident Attorney
Many people use Uber when they have no access to a vehicle and need to get from one place to another. In the past, people used taxis for this purpose. However, many people prefer using Uber and other rideshare companies because of the different ambience they provide. Many people have friends and family members who work for Uber in their spare time, so they like being able to use someone they know and trust to give them a ride home. Plus, Uber can be cheaper and more readily available, making it a convenient transportation option. However, like any vehicle, an Uber car can get into an accident, causing passengers to suffer serious injuries. Have you been involved in an Uber crash? If so, contact a Houston Uber accident attorney for help with your rideshare accident case.
Types of Uber Accidents
There are several scenarios in which Uber can be involved in a car accident:
- A passenger was injured in an Uber vehicle during a ride.
- The Uber driver was injured while driving, picking up, or dropping off passengers.
- A driver of another vehicle was injured in an accident with an Uber vehicle.
- Passengers were injured in a crash with an Uber vehicle while it was on its way to pick up a passenger.
To understand your legal rights in any of these scenarios, contact an experienced Uber lawyer.
Uber Insurance Coverage
Uber provides insurance coverage for drivers based on their status. Here’s what you need to know:
- This is when the Uber driver is not logged into the app or picking up passengers. If they get into an accident, they are covered only by their personal auto insurance. Uber provides no coverage at this stage.
- Period 1. This is when the Uber driver has logged into the app but has not yet accepted a ride request. If the driver gets into an accident, they are covered by $30,000 of property damage liability coverage per accident, $50,000 of bodily injury liability coverage per person, and $100,000 of bodily injury liability coverage per accident. Uber also offers $200,000 in additional liability insurance.
- Period 2 and Period 3. Period 2 is when the Uber driver has accepted a ride request. Period 3 is when the Uber driver has picked up a passenger. In both stages, drivers are provided with $1 million in commercial auto insurance, as well as an additional $1 million in uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
Contact a Houston Uber Accident Attorney Today
Whether you were an Uber driver, passenger, pedestrian, or other motorist involved in an Uber accident, you need to make sure you follow the proper procedures. A lawyer can help determine liability and get you the compensation you deserve.
Seek legal help from The West Law Office. We can assess your Uber accident case and advise you of the next steps. Schedule a free consultation today. Call a Houston Uber accident attorney at 281-347-3247 or fill out the online form.