Houston Taxi Accident Attorney
While the trend is to use rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft to get from place to place, taxi cabs do still exist in some parts of the country. You might even be able to find some in downtown Houston. While you may think of a taxi as a relatively safe form of transportation, accidents do occur often. Sometimes these crashes result in serious injuries to passengers, so make sure you know the steps to take to get proper compensation. A Houston taxi accident attorney can help you with your case.
What to Do After a Taxi Accident
After a taxi accident, you need to ensure you take the proper steps to protect your legal rights. Here are some things you need to do:
- Get all necessary information. You will need the driver’s license number and proof of insurance from all drivers involved in the crash. You will also want to get the name and contact information of the taxi driver, the name of the taxi company, and the license plate number of the vehicle.
- Take pictures of the accident scene. You will need to show that you suffered damages in a taxi accident. This means taking photos of the damaged taxi and other property damage. Get pictures of the roadways, weather conditions, nearby landmarks, and anything else that can paint a picture of what caused the accident and who is at fault.
- Look for witnesses. If anyone saw the accident, get their name and contact information. Their testimony can come in handy when the insurance company needs to determine liability.
- Call the police. If you want to file an insurance claim, get the police involved. The officer will come to the accident scene and file a police report, which your insurance company will want to have to help with liability issues.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think you’re injured, getting a medical evaluation is a good idea after a taxi accident. You may be suffering from serious internal injuries, and you don’t want to wait weeks later to seek medical attention, as this can negatively affect your case. Don’t worry about cost; you can receive compensation by filing a claim.
- Contact a lawyer. Don’t try to handle such a case on your own. Contact a lawyer to review the details of the case and determine liability. With a lawyer on your side, you’ll get the compensation you need to pay for damages and recover from your injuries.
Contact a Houston Taxi Accident Attorney Today
If you have been injured by a taxi driver’s negligence, make sure you seek justice and compensation. You need to ensure you are fully compensated for your damages, which may include physical and emotional trauma. Taxi accidents can be complicated. There are drivers and cab companies to deal with. Get results from The West Law Office. We will work aggressively to get you a favorable outcome. To schedule a free consultation with a Houston taxi accident attorney, fill out the online form or call 281-347-3247.