Brookshire Dog Bite Attorney
Thousands of dog bites occur all around the country every day. Injuries from these bites, even seemingly minor ones, can lead to infection and permanent scarring. Some dog bites are so severe the victim passes away from their injuries. If a dog in Texas bit you or a loved one, don’t attempt to pursue an injury claim. Instead, contact an experienced Brooskhire dog bite attorney right away.
At The West Law Firm, we have over two decades of experience handling Texas personal injury cases, including dog bites. In most cases, dog attacks aren’t occurring from stray dogs. Instead, these are dogs that lack training or have an aggressive nature. When dog owners are negligent with their animal’s care or cannot control their dogs, they may end up biting a pedestrian or an invited guest on someone’s property. When you are bit by a dog, and you did not provoke the animal in any way, you could be entitled to compensation for your damages.
Common Causes of Dog Bites Incidents in Texas
Dog owners are responsible for their animals, especially those that could be potentially dangerous or exhibit aggressive tendencies. They need to keep their dogs secured and monitor contact with innocent victims. There are multiple causes we see in dog bite cases. Some of the most common include:
- Negligence: This is one of the most common causes of dog bites. Owners who do not properly train their dogs or care for them put people at risk.
- Negligence by Law: When dog owners are negligent by law and don’t abide by the Texas laws on trespassing, leashes, etc., innocent victims can be attacked.
- Liability of Landlord: If you are on your landlord’s property and attacked, the landlord can be held responsible. It is their responsibility to enforce the rules for all dog owners to keep all tenants safe.
- Repeated Attacks: When a dog owner is aware their dog is dangerous or may attack someone, it is their duty to keep them from potential innocent victims. If the dog has already attacked someone else and the owner doesn’t control it, you could be another victim of an unprovoked attack.
- Young Children: Younger children, especially those under six years old, are frequent victims of dog bites. Children at this age are usually too young to be held accountable or responsible for the dog bite.
No matter what the cause of a dog attack is, you should speak with our Brookshire dog bite attorneys to determine whether you have a case.
What to Do After a Dog Bite?
You should not give the dog owner’s insurance company any type of recorded statement or even the police without legal representation. Insurance companies use these statements as a means to avoid paying out on your claim.
Make sure to take photos of the dog, your injuries, and hold on to the clothes you were wearing. Get information from all witnesses who were present. You also want to report the attack to the police department and the local animal authority.
Contact a Texas Dog Bite Attorney Today
If you need assistance pursuing a claim for damages after a dog bite, let us protect your rights and help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact The West Law Office today to schedule an initial consultation.