Houston Personal Injury Lawyer
The West Law Office is committed to providing clients with the right lawyer, and the right firm.
Personal Injuries cause a lot of stress and hardships for everyone involved. These burdens should not be ignored and it is important to seek legal representation. You should not pay for someone else’s negligence. Our Houston personal injury lawyer assists residents of Katy, Houston and surrounding areas and works hard to provide her clients with great legal representation to ensure they reach a full recovery – emotionally, physically and financially.
At The West Law Office, we know each personal injury case is different. Because of this, we give each individual the attention they deserve in a unique and customized manner. No case strategy is the same, but our goal to make sure that our clients receive the maximum amount of compensation for their injury is always the same. To schedule a free, completely confidential initial consultation, please call our Houston law office at 281-347-3247 or send us a message directly through our website.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Houston, TX
Our entire legal practice is devoted to representing injured victims and their loved ones. If you or your family member was hurt in an accident, we are here to guide you through the claims process. Some notable examples of cases that our Houston personal injury lawyer has experience handling include:
- Car Accidents: We have extensive experience representing auto accident victims in Houston and throughout Southeast Texas. If you or your loved one was hurt in a crash, we will protect your rights and help you recover financial compensation.
- Tractor Trailer Accidents: When large commercial trucks are involved in crashes, the consequences can be devastating. Our Houston truck accident lawyer has the skills and experience to hold truck companies and their insurers accountable.
- Motorcycle Crashes: Unfortunately, motorcyclists sometimes face some unfair stereotypes from police officers and insurance companies. If you were injured in a motorcycle crash, Sue E. West is ready to help.
- Pedestrian Injuries: Pedestrian accident claims are complex. If you were injured in a pedestrian collision, our law firm is here to help you navigate the claims process and recover compensation to pay your bills.
- DWI Accidents: There are unique challenges in bringing a DWI accident claim. We know how to hold drunk drivers and insurers liable through a civil personal injury claim.
- Bus Accidents: We handle the full range of bus accident claims. Whether you were injured as a passenger, a pedestrian, or while in another vehicle, Houston personal injury lawyer Sue E. West can help.
- Hit & Run Accidents: Sadly, not all drivers abide by their duty to stop and remain at the scene of a collision. If you or your loved one was hurt by a hit-and-run driver, call our legal team for immediate help.
- Premises Liability Claims: In Texas, businesses and property owners have a duty to watch out for the well-being of customers and other guests. If you were hurt because of a property owner’s negligence, we can help you hold them liable through a premises liability claim.
- Slip and Falls: Slip, trips, and falls can result in very serious injuries. Our Houston slip and fall accident lawyer is an aggressive, attentive advocate for clients.
- Dog Bite Claims: Texas is one of the leading states for dog bite injuries. If you or your one was injured by a dangerous dog, call our law firm right away.
- Workplace Accidents: Texas has some of the most complex work injury laws in the country. We assist injured workers with workers’ comp appeals, non-subscriber claims, and other workplace accident cases.
- Wrongful Death: We know that there is nothing that could ever possibly make up for loss of a family member. Through a wrongful death claim, your family can get access to justice and financial support.
What To Do After A Houston Car Accident
Houston is a large city with a high volume of vehicle and pedestrian traffic, unfortunately accidents occur fairly frequently. According to data from the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2019 there were over 100,000 reported traffic crashes in Harris County. However, this number represents only reported accidents and the actual number of accidents may be higher.
If you are involved in a car accident, it is important to remain calm and take the following steps: check for any injuries and call for medical help if necessary, exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver(s), take photos of the damage and the scene of the accident, do not admit fault, and report the accident to the police if necessary. It is also advisable to inform your insurance company as soon as possible and follow their instructions. Seeking legal advice may also be necessary if the accident resulted in serious injuries or significant property damage.
- Check for injuries: Ensure the safety of yourself and any passengers before attending to any other task. Call emergency services if necessary.
- Call the police: Report the accident to the local police department and request they send an officer to the scene to file a report.
- Exchange information: Obtain the contact and insurance information of all parties involved in the accident.
- Document the scene: Take photos of the damage to all vehicles involved and the surrounding area.
- Notify your insurance company: Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to report the accident and begin the claims process.
- Seek medical attention: If necessary, seek prompt medical attention for any injuries sustained in the accident, regardless of their severity.
- Keep records: Keep all documentation related to the accident, including police reports, insurance claims, and medical bills.
- Cooperate with authorities: Cooperate with police, insurance companies, and other parties involved in the process to ensure a smooth resolution of the accident.
You Deserve Full Financial Compensation for Your Injuries
Following a serious accident, we know that clients need the maximum available financial support to pay their medical bills and support their loved ones. Unfortunately, defendants and insurers work aggressively to resolve claims for as little as possible—sometimes trying to deny compensation altogether. Houston, TX personal injury lawyer Sue E. West can help. Depending on the nature of your accident and the severity of your injuries, you may be eligible to recover financial compensation for:
- Emergency room treatment;
- Medical bills and related expenses;
- Loss of current and future income;
- Pain and suffering;
- Scarring or disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death damages.
Texas Personal Injury FAQs
What is a Personal Injury Case?
There are many occasions that occur that can result in a personal injury case. Typically, personal injury cases arise from car or motorcycle accidents, injuries at work, or slip and fall accidents. A personal injury claim can usually be filed in the event that an individual is injured or harmed at the fault of another person, or company.
What Should I do if I’m Hurt in an Accident?
Most importantly, seek medical attention. If you do seek medical attention, make sure to create and keep a record of your files that will help your claim in the future. It is also important to file a police report at the scene of the event or as soon as possible after the incident occurred. Gather the names and contact information from any witnesses nearby of the incident.
It is also crucial to write down in specific detail what happened before, during, and after the accident. Information can be easily forgotten or altered after the event. At the time of the accident, take photos of anything that can be used as evidence.
Most importantly, contact personal injury lawyer in Houston, Texas, Sue E. West for advice on how to proceed with your case.
Should I Give an Insurance Company My Recorded Statement?
Only After You Speak With A Lawyer. An insurance company can use your recorded statement against your personal injury claim in the future. What may seem like a genuine interest for what occurred, a simple comment can be altered and used against you in court. Insurance companies will utilize all tactics so they can deny giving you the compensation you deserve. Always speak to a personal injury lawyer before providing a recorded statement.
What is my Case Worth?
At the West Law Office, we know that each and every case is different. The value of your case is based off of a variety of factors. The West Law Office’s experienced Houston personal injury lawyer, Sue E. West, can assess the deserved compensation based on these varying factors. These factors can include the severity of your injury, the medical care that was required due to the injury, damage to your vehicle, medical expenses, and the actions of the negligent person. Because each case is so different, Texas personal injury attorney, Sue E. West, examines all aspects of each case diligently.
Will my Case go to Trial?
Generally, less than 25% of personal injury cases end up in trial. Those that end up in trial are often settled before the trial ends. Whether or not a personal injury case goes to trial is determined by a number of factors. Some of these factors include the value of the claim, the evidence provided, the insurance company, and even the venue in which the case is tried. Consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney can help you gauge whether or not your case will go to trial.
Are Medical Bills Included in a Bodily Injury Claim?
“Bodily injury claim” often times is synonymous to a personal injury claim.
Economic damages of a personal injury claim can include:
- Loss of Wage
- Medical Bills
- Rental car expenses, etc.
Other general damages of a personal injury can include:
What is Whiplash?
“Whiplash” is a term used to describe a neck injury generally damaging the soft tissue of the neck. Whiplash injuries frequently occur in rear-end collisions. During a rear-end collision, when a car is hit from behind by another car, the body of the driver being hit jerks forward while their head stays in place. This causes the neck to extend extremely in a whip-like motion. This quick snap or jerk movement is known as whiplash.
What are Signs of Whiplash?
Whiplash can occur in individuals in car accidents or other types of accidents. Signs that you have whiplash or another type of neck injury include, but are not limited to:
- Stiffness of the neck
- Pain in the neck
- A decrease in range of motion
- Blurred vision
- Pain in the shoulder, arm, or back
Symptoms of whiplash may occur days after the accident. If you experience signs of whiplash, contact personal injury attorney Sue E. West immediately.
Can you Recommend a Doctor for me?
Yes! The West Law Office maintains a list of experienced doctors in the Houston and Katy area that have extensive experience treating victims of accidents. Even if you do not have Health Insurance or the funds to pay for medical care, we can help you get the care you need to get back on your feet again. Call us today at 281-347-3247 to find out how.
Contact Our Experienced Houston Personal Injury Lawyer
If you believe you have personal injury claim in Texas, contact Houston personal injury lawyer, Sue E. West, immediately after your accident. If you do not call a lawyer right after your injury, you may unknowingly forfeit important rights and remedies available to you. We will provide you with legal advice on how to proceed with your personal injury claim. In accordance to Texas Statute, there are strict time deadlines in which to file your personal injury claim. It is very important to call our office at 281-347-3247 so that we can make sure that these timelines are not overlooked and that your rights are fully protected.