Sugar Land Premises Liability Attorney
Through a combination of statues, case law, and regulations, Texas imposes a duty upon all property owners to keep their space safe for those who enter. Unfortunately, not all individuals or entities in control over the premises comply with their legal obligations. Their carelessness can cause many types of injuries to unsuspecting victims, including broken bones, head injuries, spinal cord trauma, hip fractures, and many others.
When misconduct by a property owner causes bodily harm, victims may have legal options under a legal concept known as premises liability. The West Law Office has extensive experience working with these matters, so we are prepared to assist with filing an insurance claim or taking your case to court. Please contact our firm to schedule a free consultation with a Sugar Land premises liability attorney who can explain the details. Some general information on liability and types of compensation may also be useful.
How Texas Premises Liability Claims Work
Like other types of personal injury cases, the underlying legal concept behind premises liability is negligence. More than mere carelessness, this term has a very specific meaning in the practice of law. To recover compensation, you must prove:
- The property owner or party in control over the premises had a duty to ensure it is reasonably safe from foreseeable hazards;
- That entity or individual breached this legal duty, such as by failing to make repairs, clean up spills, conduct inspections, or engage in routine maintenance;
- The breach of duty was the direct cause of the accident in which you were injured; and,
- You suffered losses as a result of your injuries.
Premises liability cases are often referred to as “slip and fall” claims because of the most common way victims are injured. Still, many other accident scenarios are covered under the negligence concepts.
Injured Victims May Qualify for Compensation
If you can prove the four essential elements of premises liability described above, you may recover many types of monetary damages. The objective of compensation is to put victims in the same position they would be had the accident never occurred. As such, our Sugar Land premises liability lawyers at The West Law Office will seek damages for:
- Medical costs you incur for surgery, hospitalization, rehabilitation, and other treatment of your injuries;
- Lost wages, if you were unable to work because of your injuries;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Scarring and disfigurement;
- Losses based upon how your injuries affect your personal relationships; and,
- Other consequences that result in decreased quality of life.
Consult with a Sugar Land Premises Liability Attorney About Your Options
If you were hurt in an accident caused by dangerous conditions on property, time is of the essence to retain experienced legal counsel to assist with your remedies. The West Law Office represents injured victims in Fort Bend County and throughout Southeast Texas, and we are dedicated to ensuring you get the compensation you deserve. Please call 281-347-3247 today to set up a complimentary appointment with a premises liability lawyer today.