Katy Fatal Truck Accident Attorney
Trucks are potentially the most dangerous vehicles on the roads. Despite making up a small portion of overall traffic, they are involved in a high number of fatal collisions. As the spouse, child, or parent of a victim killed by a trucker or trucking company’s negligence, you are entitled to filing a wrongful death lawsuit if you so choose. To learn more about your options for seeking civil justice, the Katy fatal truck accident attorneys at The West Law Office are here to offer professional legal services in your time of need.
How Did the Truck Crash Occur?
An official police accident investigation will need to be conducted in the days following the collision. During this time, police will analyze vehicle debris, damage to each vehicle, skid marks, and other evidence such as dash camera footage. Additionally, they will interview any eye witnesses, and any drivers involved in the crash, including the truck driver. Because your loved one perished in the collision or in the hospital hours or days after the event took place, there is no way to include their testimony. This allows the at fault truck driver extra room to fabricate a story or bend the truth. It is important that the police get the story right. However, even if their conclusion is that both parties were at fault, we may still be able to win your claim. By working with our own investigators and expert witnesses, we will strive to prove how the crash really occurred, and ensure that the negligent driver is held fully accountable if possible, which increases the amount of compensation they will be responsible for.
Common Types of Katy Fatal Truck Accidents
- Distracted Truck Driver—Truck drivers often pull long, multi-day shifts across the country. To kill the time and boredom, they may resort to using their cell phone while driving, watching TV or movies, eating and drinking, or otherwise allowing themselves to become distracted.
- Sleeping Truck Driver—Falling asleep at the wheel or driving while drowsy is a common habit among long haul truckers.
- Truck Brake Failure—A brake failure or other mechanical failure due to negligent maintenance can result in a high-speed, extremely dangerous collision.
- Rollover—Whether the truck rolls over or the passenger vehicle is flipped in the crash, rollovers often end in fatality.
- Speeding or Aggressive Driving—Truck drivers succumb to impatient and outright aggressive driving tactics just like passenger vehicle drivers. The only difference is the enormous and hazardous mass, height, and length of the truck.
Damages You Can Seek a Katy Fatal Truck Accident Claim
- Medical bills;
- Pain and suffering;
- Loss of consortium;
- Loss of joy of your life;
- Mental anguish
- Property damage; and
- Lost lifetime income of the victim.
Contact a Katy Fatal Car Accident Attorney Today
You have the ability to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of your loved one to seek civil justice for what the negligent party did to them. You may also have the ability to bring a lawsuit with your loved one’s other family members. To talk to a Katy fatal truck accident attorney, call The West Law Office today at 283-347-3247 to schedule a free consultation.