Katy Car Accident Attorney
As the victim of a Katy car accident, your injuries and expenses are the responsibility of the driver who caused the crash. However, that driver and their insurance company will do everything in their power to avoid liability and decrease the value of your claim. Because of this, you need to work with an experienced Katy car accident attorney to ensure that your rights are protected. The West Law Office can ensure the highest quality of care and legal services, and our attorneys will set you up for a successful settlement or verdict so that you can move on with your life and put this traumatic experience behind you.
Common Types of Katy Car Accidents
- T-Bone collision in an intersection—At-fault driver runs a red light or stop sign.
- Rear ender—At-fault driver was tailgating (following too closely) and rear-ended you when you had to slow down.
- Aggressive lane changes—Rapid lane changing is a form of aggressive driving. Combined with forgoing the use of turn signals, rapid lane changing can lead to serious collisions on highways.
- Failing to yield from a side street—Failure to yield from a side-street may end in a T-bone, rear-end, or side-swipe crash.
- Head-on collision—Head-on crashes are often a result of drunk driving, falling asleep at the wheel, or texting drivers who drift into the oncoming lane.
How Did the Collision Occur in the First Place?
While inclement weather, auto defects, and bad road surfaces can cause collisions, crashes caused by these types of factors are rare. Driver error is the number one cause of Katy car accidents, and accounts for more than nine out of ten crashes. There are four types of driver error, which include distracted driving, aggressive driving, drunk driving, and drowsy driving. There is a high chance that the driver who caused your injuries was engaging in at least one of these negligent behaviors, such as texting while driving, speeding, adjusting the music, intentionally tailgating to force you to move over, or driving without a proper night’s rest. Our attorneys will work with police to uncover the cause of the crash so that the at-fault driver is found fully liable for causing the collision.
Damages in a Katy Car Accident
The damages in a Katy car accident you may be owed can be substantial. Many claims are worth well into the six figures. The following are types of damages you may be able to receive:
- Medical bills;
- Ongoing and future medical expenses;
- Lost income and lost ability to earn an income;
- Pain and suffering;
- Property damage;
- Emotional distress and loss of joy of life; and
Contact a Katy Car Accident Attorney at Once
Tragically, there is no way to un-do the careless or reckless actions of the driver who caused your severe injuries. What you can do is seek full and fair compensation by aggressively pursuing civil justice. Our Katy car accident attorneys can help you accomplish this goal by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent party and their insurer. To learn more about your rights as a victim and plaintiff, call us today at 283-347-3247 to schedule a free consultation.