Houston Rollover Accident Attorney
Nothing is scarier than watching your vehicle flip over to its side or roll over completely. Such an incident is called a rollover accident and while such crashes are not super common, they are very dangerous when they do happen. They can result in significant damages not only to your vehicle but to you as well. Because of this, you want to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. A Houston rollover accidents attorney can help you obtain full and fair compensation for the damages you have suffered in a rollover crash.
Causes of Rollover Accidents
Rollover crashes can occur in a variety of situations:
- When a driver has to swerve suddenly to avoid animals, potholes, road debris, or other drivers, the force can cause the vehicle to roll over. This is especially true for SUVs and other vehicles with a high center of gravity.
- Distracted driving. If a driver is not paying attention to the roadway, they may not have enough time to avoid accidents. If they are too busy texting, eating, using their phone, or engaging in other activities, they may have to take evasive action, such as swerve or go off the road, to avoid a crash.
- Drowsy driving can cause a person to suffer from slowed-down reaction times. A driver may even fall asleep and if they wake up, they may have to jerk their wheel to avoid an accident. This can cause the vehicle to roll over.
- Driving while under the influence. An intoxicated driver is almost like a drowsy driver. Both are not always able to react quickly to possible accidents. As such, they may have to engage in evasive maneuvers that can cause their cars to roll over.
Common Injuries From Rollover Accidents
A rollover car accident can lead to many injuries, including the following:
- Broken bones. Every part of the body is vulnerable in a rollover crash. The impact can cause broken bones in the arms, legs, ribs, and ankles.
- Head and neck injuries. A rollover accident can affect the head and neck, causing skull fractures, whiplash, or herniated discs in the spine. A victim can also suffer long-term damage from a traumatic brain injury.
- Internal injuries. An accident can cause damage to internal organs. Internal bleeding often goes undetected but can be deadly, so seek medical help promptly.
- Lacerations and bruises. The effects of a rollover accident may include cuts, scrapes, and deep lacerations. Bruises may be a sign of a soft tissue injury, which can be painful.
Contact a Houston Rollover Accidents Attorney Today
Rollover accidents often result in catastrophic injuries and in some cases, even death. It’s imperative that you receive compensation for your damages so you can fully recover.
Start the claims process with help from The West Law Office. We can assess your situation and help you with physical and financial recovery. To schedule a free consultation with a Houston rollover accidents attorney, call 281-347-3247 or fill out the online form.