Houston Limo Accident Attorney
Riding in a limousine can be a fun way to celebrate a birthday, wedding, prom, or graduation. It can also be a fun way to have a party or just a night out on the town. However, it’s not all fun and games when an accident occurs and someone is seriously injured or killed. These accidents are often caused by a driver’s negligence, whether it be the limousine driver or another motorist on the road. If you or a loved one has been involved in such a crash, seek legal help right away. An experienced Houston limo accident attorney can help you with liability and financial concerns related to these often complex accidents.
Causes of Limousine Accidents
Limousine accidents can be problematic because there are multiple passengers involved, and many are without seatbelts. Plus, the occupants are usually drinking alcohol, unaware of what is going on. Limo crashes can be caused by the following:
- Driver error
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Driver fatigue
- Poor maintenance, leading to issues such as tire blowouts
Who is Liable in a Limo Accident?
Unlike a typical car accident, multiple parties may be held liable for a limo accident. The possible entities involved may include one or more of the following:
- Limousine driver. Limousine drivers can be held liable if they are proven to be negligent by driving recklessly, not following traffic laws or falling asleep at the wheel.
- Limousine company. The limousine company can be held liable if it hires unqualified drivers, or improperly trains or supervises staff, or uses a defective limo. A limousine company can also be held liable if it fails to implement proper safety procedures.
- Limousine maintenance company. Many limousine companies contract with an independent company to maintain the limousines. If the limos are not properly maintained, and this lack of maintenance causes an accident, then the limousine maintenance company can be held liable.
- Manufacturer and/or retailer of the limousine. If a defective limousine is put on the market, and it goes on to cause a crash, the limousine manufacturer and/or retailer could be held liable.
- Owners and drivers of other vehicles. There are situations in which limo accidents are caused by other vehicles. If the driver of another vehicle is being reckless or negligent, then they can be held liable. If the other vehicle is a commercial truck, for example, the trucking company that owns the vehicle can be held liable as well.
Contact a Houston Limo Accident Attorney Today
A limo accident can turn a night on the town into a night in the hospital—or even worse, long-term injuries or death. Make sure you hold the right people liable for your crash. The West Law Office can help you file a claim and determine liability. Fill out the online form or call 281-347-3247 to schedule a free consultation with a Houston limo accident attorney today.